YouTube provides its own history button with four sub options. These options are only accessible to registered users. Below are the four sub options and its meaning:
- Watch history (Allows you to access all the videos you watched on YouTube).
- Searches (Allows you to access all your searches on YouTube).
- Comment history (Allows you to access all the comments you added to the videos).
- Community history (Allows you to access all Community posts, Comments and replies activity).
These are the four types. Now we will see how to check them, view and erase in a simple manner.
How to View and Delete Youtube Search history
You may wonder how can we access and manage the history on YouTube. Don’t worry it’s just a few clicks away. Firstly I will tell you how you can view all your searches. Just follow these steps
- Make sure you are logged in to the YouTube or in case you are using Google Chrome you are logged in to the browser.
- By opening YouTube, you will see a Library section on the left side bar of your desktop screen. Select history from the Library.
- Click on the search activity tab and all your searches activity will be displayed.
YouTube interface showing history management panel
- One can easily find and open your previous searches here. They are sorted by date. As you can see for example 3 days ago.
- To remove your selected search logs, click the X in front of every search. Clicking on the X will delete that specific search.
- “This term has been removed from your history” dialogue box confirms that the selected entry has been removed successfully.
- To remove the entire searches activity click on the button on right “clear all search history”.
How to pause your activity
There is also an additional option. YouTube has come up with the special feature of pausing your activity tracking. By clicking the button “pause” one can actually stop YouTube from storing their searches.
If someone needs to do a private search and don’t want it to be stored in youtube searches. He can pause it by clicking this button.
Clicking the button again will resume the searches activity and the website starts storing your searches again.
With this we have learn some new features about your privacy while you watch videos online.
The History of Youtube
What is Youtube? Some people use it to listen to music, watch video clips, learn things with tutorials, have a laugh with funny videos and compilations of memes, learn tricks and watch videogames or take a look at the progress of the films that we will see soon.
And the little ones in the house can find episodes of their favorite cartoons. Currently, YouTube has surpassed the concept of a video portal and offers subscription services to watch your own content and listen to music. I
n addition, it allows to broadcast live video and the main media and companies have their channel on YouTube. Another peculiarity of YouTube is that it has always been associated with Google without being its own product, that is, it was not born within the search giant such as Google Maps or Gmail. Actually, it was one of his first purchases and came a year after launching online.
Happy browsing and watching!