YouTube provides its own history button with four sub options. These options are only accessible to registered users. Below are the four sub options and its meaning:
- Watch history (Allows you to access all the videos you watched on YouTube).
- Youtube Search history (Allows you to access all your searches on YouTube).
- Comment history (Allows you to access all the comments you added to the videos).
- Community history (Allows you to access all Community posts, Comments and replies activity).
These are the four types. Now we will see how to check them, view and erase in a simple manner.
View and Delete Youtube Search history
You may wonder how can we access and manage the history on YouTube. Don’t worry it’s just a few clicks away. Firstly I will tell you how you can view the search history. Just follow these steps
- Make sure you are logged in to the YouTube or in case you are using Google Chrome you are logged in to the browser.
- By opening YouTube, you will see a Library section on the left side bar of your desktop screen. Select history from the Library.
- Click on the search history tab and all your search history will be displayed.
YouTube interface showing history management panel
- One can easily find and open your previous searches here. They are sorted by date. As you can see for example 3 days ago. To remove your selected search logs, click the X in front of every search. Clicking on the X will delete that specific search. “This term has been removed from your history” dialogue box confirms that the selected entry has been removed successfully.
- To remove the entire search history click on the button on right “clear all search history”.
How to pause activity
There is also an additional option. YouTube has come up with the special feature of pausing your activity tracking. By clicking the button “pause search history” one can actually stop YouTube from storing their search history.
If someone needs to do a private search and don’t want it to be stored in youtube search history he can pause it by clicking this button. Clicking the button again will resume the search history and the website starts storing your searches again.
With this we have learn some new features about your privacy while you watch videos online.
Happy browsing and watching!