One or two things may cause you to want to view or delete your Safari search engine. You may not want another person to see the websites that you have earlier visited and your searches or you may simply want to clear your device’s memory if the device is running slow. Whatever may be your reason, we will show you in this write-up how to view and clear your search history on Safari web browser.
The details provided in this write-up will also help you to track cookies or even clear cookies on your webs browser. The description given below is specifically for your mobile devices Iphone and Android, but can also be applied to your PC.
The process is always fast and can be completed under a few seconds.
Steps on how to view safari searches history
The steps below will teach you how to view the website history on your Safari web browser.
- First of all, click on the Safari icon on your device’s home page to launch it.
- Next, check the Safari toolbar for the page back and page forward buttons, then tap and hold down the back button.
- The action above will show you the current browsing history of the tab and you can peruse it to search for the particular history that you want to view. The list presented can only show you the previous websites that you have visited, but you will not be able to delete any of the items on the list.
How to search Safari full browsing history
If you want more out of your searches on Safari and you want to see more than just the current tab’s history, you can follow the steps highlighted below:
- Click on the Bookmarks button in Safari’s toolbar
- Next, search the upper left corner and click on the Bookmarks icon
- First of all return to the top-level menu by simply tapping on any of the back arrows that you can find in the upper left corner.
- Afterward, click on the History menu and this will bring up your full activity from all the tabs.
- Next, pull down on the list and this will show the search bar, after which you can better your query.
How to clear Safari browser and search history
You can follow the steps below to clear your browsing history on Safari web browser
- First of all, click on the Bookmarks button; you can find the button in the toolbar
- Next, click on the Bookmarks icon, which can be found in the upper left corner of the browser.
- Find out if you have returned to the top-level menu by simply clicking on the back arrows, which can be found in the upper left corner of the browser.
- Then click on the History menu and click on Clear.
- You can then select the history items that you want to clear; you can choose browsing history from the last hour, the last day, the last 48 hours or you can choose to delete all the items in your browsing history.