Regardless of what device you may be using, the Google Chrome search history can be cleared with relative ease. In this post, you will learn how to clear activity on Chrome on your Mac OS, Windows 10 OS, Android and iOS devices.
Note that the process of deleting activity on Google Chrome may seem similar on all devices, there are actually mild differences and you will get to know all about this here.
Now without further ado, let’s begin!
How to Clear Google Chrome Search History on Mac and Windows 10
The Google Chrome user interface of your Mac OS and Windows 10 OS comes with different options for clearing cache, cookies, your browsing history and also sign-in data.
However, there is no option to clear the search history on Google Chrome. You will only be able to use the option to clear it if you have a Google Account. The steps to delete activity are similar on both your Mac OS and Windows OS.
Step #1: Login using “Google My Account” when you open Chrome or another browser. Once you have logged in, go to the top left-hand corner to locate the “Privacy & personalization” drop-down menu. You should then click on the option labelled “Manage your data & personalization”.
Step #2: When you scroll down, you will get to a box labelled “Activity and timeline”, click the option labelled “My Activity”.
Step #3: To clear only a part or the entire search history on Google Chrome, choose the option labelled “Delete activity by” located on the left-hand side of the monitor screen of your Mac or Windows PC.
Step #4: You can then choose what you want to clear from Google Chrome search history. You can delete search information from a week, day or hour. You can also customize the time period and delete only specific search information from your chosen period. To clear the information, simply click the “Delete” button. In addition, you can delete specific web pages or URL’s if you want to.
How to Clear the Search History of Google Chrome on your iOS or Android device
To clear activity on Chrome on your iOS or Android mobile device, you should do:
- Start by opening a browser which could be Safari or Chrome itself.
- Next, go to the option labelled “My Activity”.
- Then click those three horizontal dots to display the “Delete Activity by” option.
- You should then select it. However, note that with Android devices like on Windows PC and Mac, you will have to login to your Google Account before you can delete your activity data
- Next, choose the “All Time” option, make sure to deselect the data that you do not want to clear before you click on the “Next” button located below and on the left-side.
- A notification prompt will pop up informing you that your entire data will be cleared.
- All you need to do next is to click on the confirm option to continue the deleting process.
Just like on your Mac and Windows you can also delete specified websites and URLs. To do this, visit “My activity” search for the URL and when it shows up, click the horizontal dots beside it, then select delete or clear.
Finally, you should note that you cannot recover any data that has been deleted on any of your devices and this includes Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices.