What is Ebay Search History and how to clear it.
EBay search history is a feature that allows registered eBay users to save and view the items they have recently searched for on the site. This feature is available to signed-in users on the eBay website and on the eBay mobile app.
To view your search history, you can go to the My eBay page and click on the “Search history” link in the left-hand menu. This will open a page showing the items you have recently searched for on eBay.
To clear your eBay search history, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the eBay website and sign in to your account.
- Once you are signed in, click on the “My eBay” link at the top of the page.
- On the My eBay page, click on the “Search history” link in the left-hand menu.
- This will open a page showing the items you have recently searched for on eBay.
- To clear your search history, click on the “Clear search history” button at the top of the page.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click on the “Clear search history” button to confirm that you want to delete your search history.
Please note that this process will only clear your search history on the device and web browser you are currently using. If you have signed in to eBay on other devices or browsers, your search history may still be available on those devices.
To clear your search history on all devices, you will need to repeat this process on each device.
Additionally, clearing your search history will not affect any items you have saved to your eBay watch list or your eBay purchase history. These items will still be available even after you have cleared your search history.
How to clear Ebay search history and recently viewed items
First of all, you should have an account with eBay before you can use this feature. You may have to clear your searches if you are using a shared computer.
You may also need this feature when purchasing or selling an item that you do not want others to know about.
This is very easy.
- First of all, look for the Recently Viewed items box in your eBay page.
- Then, click on Clear to remove the sold and recently viewed items.
- The searches don’t show the exact items viewed but it may give you clues regarding the items or your plans.
- You can equally prevent the search box from showing your recent searches by clicking the search box and then selecting Hide eBay Suggestions.
Ebay Purchase and Sales Searches
The best place to find your sales and purchase history on eBay is the My eBay section on the website. You will need the search details for your personal record keeping. The information is very important if for running your eBay stores as a business.
eBay can also give you details of all your previously completed or recently sold items and you can delete all of them.
In this write-up, we will show you how to view and delete eBay history. The information provided here will help you to make better use of the online store.
How to view eBay searches activity
You can view the search history on eBay by using the advanced search feature on the homepage. You can use it to easily estimate how much you will have to spend on a particular item. Or how much you can make when you sell that particular item. Check below for steps to follow to do this.
- Step 1: Check beside the top of the eBay page for the Search button for the Advanced button and click on it.
- Step 2: Look for Enter keywords or item number and type the name of the item you want to search. Next, click on Completed listings. Check Sold listings box and you will be given a list of the items you have sold.
- Step 3: the list of sold items or completed transactions will be presented to you after clicking Search.
How to find sold listings
eBay also stores the record of your sales in the My eBay section of the website. You will also find a list of items you are currently displaying for sales in this section. As well as, unsold merchandise, items returned by the customer and recently sold items.
Each of the headings can be set to filter based on the date or by listing format; the second occurs in the case of current sales. Sales record is only kept for 18 months on eBay.
How to delete from the eBay mobile app
- Open your ebay app.
- Check the menu bar Settings and click on it.
- You can also alternatively move your cursor to the upper-right corner of your computer screen to the Windows Ribbon.
- Click on Settings and search for App Settings.
- Next, click on Clear Recent History.
Questions and answers
How far back can I search eBay?
The eBay search engine has been around since the inception of the website, and it has evolved with time to provide better results for users. You can now search for items which were listed as far back as 1999, but some limitations still apply.
How do I find items on eBay that have been older than 60 days?
eBay has a search engine that allows you to search for items in different ways. One of the ways that you can use is by filtering your search results based on how old an item is.
You can filter your search results by clicking on the “Item age” tab and selecting “more than 60 days.” This will allow you to see all of the items that were posted more than 60 days ago.
Does eBay delete old listings?
The listings are open for a fixed time period, after which they are automatically deleted from the site.
eBay deletes old listings from their site as they are not profitable anymore. Although, the decision to delete them is up to the seller’s discretion; sellers should make a decision based on whether or not their product is worth keeping and selling at a later date.
Can you see purchase history on eBay older than 3 years?
Yes, you can see purchase history on eBay older than 3 years. You can also set up a custom search to find items that are more than a certain number of years old.
You can see the last 30 days of your purchase history on eBay by clicking on the “My Purchases” tab in the “Account” section of the site. If you want to see your entire purchase history, you can click on “View all purchases” and then select the “Search All” option at the top of your search results page.