We always type our search and forget about them. What if we need to access the same pages again? Of course we can bookmark those pages. Search engines make it easier by storing your history: images, videos and queries.
In case of Bing search history, it is stored along with other activities if you’re logged in to your Microsoft account. You can access bing history and your activities anywhere by logging in to your account and view all of them.
How to View and Manage bing search history
To manage search history, view your videos and images you can log in to your Microsoft account first and go to the privacy dashboard or do it without login.
- Go to Bing.com
- Click on the menu icon with three vertical bars at top right corner of your screen (see the image below).
- Select Search history to view you history page with different control options. It can be displayed using type and date filters. You can turn off the history for private queries and later you can turn it on. This way what you search will not be recorded in the history. This screen name is the privacy dashboard.
- To delete specific of your history then select X below each individual one.
- In Change History Settings:
- If you don’t want to see recent searches history select on.
- All can be cleared by clicking the Clear All option
- If you want to see and manage all data stored in cloud click on Manage My Search History
This is the easiest way to delete the history as its displays the history controls (Turn on/off, Clear history. See history).
Bing Images search history
Images are part of the private information of our activity in the privacy dashboard. We can clear activity of images history when we do all the steps explained below.
If not anyone will be able to track in your history all the images, models or videos that you have searched and downloaded. This is something we don’t want.
These are the required steps to access the images history and delete it.
- Go to https://www.bing.com/profile/history or select history from the menu.
- In the All types drop down select images. See image below. You can also choose other like web, videos, news or shopping.
- Finally, click on Clear All to remove all the pictures.
How to download images search history
If you want to download the images of your history:
- Search for them in the bing history.
- Right click on it.
- Select save as.
If you want to disable images history you have two options:
- Don’t login on your bing account and surf privately.
- Use another search engine like google or duckduck.
How to clear search history on Bing
Bing is the default search engine that also that accompanies Microsoft edge browser /window live explorer. Everybody knows about it as the general engine utilized at least once by most and known to all. Every time you look for something, you send data to another person’s PC.
This happens because of the fact that Microsoft owns the PCs that make it possible. In the event that you allow these engines to collect your activity, they’ll do that until the point you specifically instruct them to quit saving information. You likewise have the freedom of erasing your past activity including edge browsing history from their records.
First, finding Activity?
You can without much hassle, view it by following these quick Steps:
- Step 1: If you have a Microsoft account, click on sign-in and enter the details. Another option is to select the application tab over on the right side to sign-in.
Over here you can easily sign in to your Microsoft account. Or simply click over right application tab to see the number of choices. And here you will have the capacity to view all your activity.
- Step 2: Click on the Search History to see:
Here, you will be able to see the searches option and some other applications which you might be using.
- Step 3: It can be effectively viewed here:
Here you will be able to view all your queries made. Sites visited and keywords used. And can be effectively directed to as you can click over it to direct it at the page.
It stores all the past data searched and explored until that time as:
- Visited wesites,
It essentially encourages the engine to understand you and recommend you suggestions as per your inquiries.
How to clear bing search bar activity
In the search bar you can see your recent searches. To delete it:
- Go to the bing history page.
- Unselect the check of show my searches below.
- Now the bar will not display previous searches.
In case you already know about how to see it and find it. Then simply select the ‘Erase all tab’ and it erases all the information till that time.
But in the event that you are unaware as to how you can get to activity and view it. Then follow the above-expressed directions and follow the last Step in the picture below.
Step: Click Clear all to erase all your activity.
Here you will be redirected when you tap on activity option. When you look down there will be a list of your searches. Then, the option to ‘Clear All’ above it which will assist you with clearing all.
Likewise, all of your data can be overseen over cloud. Which in the long run assist you with accessing the same data at various objects too. You can also alter your settings here for suggestions as you can choose to enable or disable it over the tab.
- To completely stop the feature from recording your queries on your Android. Set the radio option to “Off” position under the searches area.
- After that click on “Save.”
- In the event that you use it on your iOS gadget through Safari. You can clear your look up lists by clearing the program data under “Safari” in “Settings”.
How to remove the bing search bar
Both Windows 8 and Windows 10 have the search bar by default. You can disable or delete it if you want to.
- Go to Start Menu.
- In the search bar type ‘cortana’.
- Select Cortana & Search settings
- Turn off the give suggestions reminders, and alerts
- Finally, select ff the Search online option. This will exclude web results.
How to Delete Bing Search
If you want to delete the Bing bar just follow these steps:
- Open your browser.
- Go to Settings on the top right corner.
- Search for the option Manage search engines.
- You should have microsoft Bing search engine. Change it for another engine like Google or DuckDuckGo.
If you want to disable or turn off saving activity go to your account on privacy settings.
The History of the Bing Search Engine
Bing is a Microsoft web browser. It was published on 2009.
Lie other search engines, notable changes include the list of real-time search suggestions, and a list of related searches (called “Explorer Panel” on the left side of the search results), based on semantic Powerset technology that Microsoft bought in 2008.
On July 29, 2009, Microsoft and Yahoo! announced that Bing would replace Yahoo! Search.This change was implemented in early 2012
The first public beta (limited version) of Windows Live Search was developed on March 8, 2006, with the final version on September 11, 2006. It included, news, images, music, desktop, local and the Microsoft Encarta encyclopedia.
Windows Live Search aimed to cover more than 2.5 million queries each month, which were “more useful. It provides consumers with the best access to information and more accurate answers to their questions”. A configuration menu was available in Internet Explorer to change the default search engine. This search engine is in third place in terms of ranking with 0.27%.