We always type our search and forget about them. What if we need to access the same pages again? Of course we can bookmark those pages. Search engines make it easier by storing your history: images, videos and queries.
Bing records our activity online. In case of Bing search history, it is stored along with other activities if you’re logged in to your Microsoft account. You can access bing history and your activities anywhere by logging in to your account and view all of them. In this article i will explain how to do it step by step for each section.
- 1 How to View and delete your bing search history
- 2 How to delete bing search history help updated
- 3 How to manage search history of Bing Images
- 4 How to remove the bing search bar
- 5 Can’t clear bing search history
- 6 What is the History of the Bing Search Engine
- 7 Questions and answers
How to View and delete your bing search history
To manage search history, view your videos and images you can log in to your Microsoft account first and go to the privacy dashboard or do it without login.
Here you will be able to view all your queries made. Sites visited and keywords used. And can be effectively directed to as you can click over it to direct it at the page.
It stores all the past data searched and explored until that time as:
- Recent searches
- Visited websites,
- Images viewed
- played videos
It essentially encourages the engine to understand you and recommend you suggestions as per your inquiries. To delete your Bing search history, you can follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and go to the Bing.com homepage.
- Click on the “Sign in” link in the top-right corner of the page.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using your email address and password.
- Once you are signed in, click on the “Settings” icon in the top-right corner of the page, represented by a gear icon.
- In the menu that appears, click on “History.”
- On the History page, click on the “Clear all history” link at the top of the page.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select the time range for which you want to clear your history. You can choose to clear your history for the past hour, the past day, the past week, or the past month.
- Once you have selected the desired time range, click on the “Clear history” button to delete your search history for that period.
This process will only delete your Bing search history for the selected time range on the device you are currently using. To completely clear your search history on all devices and for all time ranges, you will need to repeat this process for each device and for each time range.
- Go to Bing.com
- Click on the menu icon with three vertical bars at top right corner of your screen (see the image below).
- Select Search history to view you history page with different control options. It can be displayed using type and date filters. You can turn off the history for private queries and later you can turn it on. This way what you search will not be recorded in the history. This screen name is the privacy dashboard.
- To delete specific of your history then select X below each individual one.
- In Change History Settings:
- If you don’t want to see recent searches history select on.
- All can be cleared by clicking the Clear All option
- If you want to see and manage all data stored in cloud click on Manage My Search History
This is the easiest way to delete the history as its displays the history controls (Turn on/off, Clear history. See history).
If you don’t have your login credentials you can learn how to delete bing search history without signing in
How to delete bing search history help updated
How to manage search history of Bing Images
Images are part of the private information of our activity in the privacy dashboard. We can clear activity of images history when we do all the steps explained below.
If not anyone will be able to track in your history all the images, models or videos that you have searched and downloaded. This is something we don’t want.
These are the required steps to access the images history and delete it.
- Go to https://www.bing.com/profile/history or select history from the menu.
- In the All types drop down select images. See image below. You can also choose other like web, videos, news or shopping.
- Finally, click on Clear All to remove all the pictures.
How to download images search history
If you want to download the images of your history:
- Search for them in the bing history.
- Right click on it.
- Select save as.
If you want to disable images history you have two options:
- Don’t login on your bing account and surf privately.
- Use another search engine like google or duckduck.
How to remove the bing search bar
Both Windows 8 and Windows 10 have the search bar by default. You can disable or delete it if you want to.
- Go to Start Menu.
- In the search bar type ‘cortana’.
- Select Cortana & Search settings
- Turn off the give suggestions reminders, and alerts
- Finally, select ff the Search online option. This will exclude web results.
An alternative method for your browser:
- Open your browser.
- Go to Settings on the top right corner.
- Search for the option Manage search engines.
- You should have microsoft Bing search engine. Change it for another engine like Google or DuckDuckGo.
If you want to disable or turn off saving activity go to your account on privacy settings.
Can’t clear bing search history
If you are unable to clear your Bing search history, it is possible that the feature has been disabled. Also it could be that you are signed in to a Microsoft account that is not associated with the search history you want to clear. In either case, you can try the following steps to clear your Bing search history:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Go to the Bing search page.
- Click on the “Settings” icon (the gear icon) in the top right corner of the page.
- In the menu that appears, click on “History.”
- On the “History” page, you can view your recent search history and delete specific search items by clicking on the “X” next to the search term you want to remove.
- To clear your entire search history, click on the “Clear all” button at the bottom of the page.
If these steps do not work, it is possible that the feature has been disabled by your administrator. Or that you are signed in to a different Microsoft account that is not associated with the search history you want to clear.
In this case, you may need to contact your administrator or sign in to the correct Microsoft account to access and clear your search history.
These steps may vary depending on the version of Bing you are using. And they may not work if your search history has been disabled or if you are using a different search engine.
What is the History of the Bing Search Engine
Bing is a Microsoft web browser. It was published on 2009.
Lie other search engines, notable changes include the list of real-time search suggestions, and a list of related searches (called “Explorer Panel” on the left side of the search results), based on semantic Powerset technology that Microsoft bought in 2008.
On July 29, 2009, Microsoft and Yahoo! announced that Bing would replace Yahoo! Search.This change was implemented in early 2012
The first public beta (limited version) of Windows Live Search was developed on March 8, 2006, with the final version on September 11, 2006. It included, news, images, music, desktop, local and the Microsoft Encarta encyclopedia.
Windows Live Search aimed to cover more than 2.5 million queries each month, which were “more useful. It provides consumers with the best access to information and more accurate answers to their questions”. A configuration menu was available in Internet Explorer to change the default search engine. This search engine is in third place in terms of ranking with 0.27%.
Questions and answers
How do I stop Bing from saving history?
Open the Settings app on your phone and go to Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Bing Web Search History- Toggle the switch for “Bing Web Search History” from “On” to “Off”.