Web browsing history refers to the record of websites that a person has visited using a web browser. When you browse the internet, your web browser keeps track of the websites you visit and stores this information.
This can be useful if you want to go back to a website you visited previously, but it can also be a privacy concern if you don’t want other people to see the websites you’ve visited.
Some web browsers allow you to clear your browser history to protect your privacy.
The purpose of searches history is to help users quickly access information they have previously searched for. When you use a search engine, such as Google, the search engine saves a record of your search queries.
This allows you to easily access previous search results and to see any websites you have visited through the search engine. It can also help the search engine provide more relevant search results by understanding your previous search behavior.
However, like web browsing history, it can also be a privacy concern, so many search engines allow you to clear your search history to protect your privacy.
- 1 How do I clear my Search History on Google
- 2 how to hide browsing history
- 3 How to View and Delete my Google History from all my google services
- 4 How to see Google History video
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 Can I check my browser history?
- 5.2 How do I save and Download history
- 5.3 How to remove searches bar history suggestions
- 5.4 What was my last search?
- 5.5 Does Google store my voice and audio searches?
- 5.6 How to turn off google predictions
- 5.7 does my searches show on wifi bill?
- 5.8 how far back does google search history online go?
- 5.9 browsing history shows websites not visited
- 5.10 does google track my searches if i’m not signed in
- 5.11 why do my google searches show up on other computers
- 5.12 how do I access google now music search?
- 5.13 How do I Stop google from showing my recent searches?
- 5.14 What is private browsing?
- 6 Main Sections
- 7 Recent articles
- 7.1 What to do before selling or giving away your MAC
- 7.2 Why can’t I clear my Safari history?
- 7.3 How long does Safari keep your data?
- 7.4 Does Safari save private searches ?
- 7.5 Is Safari history private or public?
- 7.6 How do I find my history on Iphone
- 7.7 Where is my Safari history stored?
- 7.8 Can I see my search history from 2 years ago?
- 7.9 Can someone see my private browsing?
- 7.10 Can the owner of the WIFI see your history?
- 7.11 Can browsing history be recovered once it is deleted?
- 7.12 Can police see your deleted search history?
- 7.13 Can people see your deleted search history?
- 7.14 Can someone track my browsing history?
- 7.15 How do I open Safari history?
- 7.16 Should you clear Safari history?
- 7.17 Should you clear your browsing history?
- 7.18 What was the last thing I searched?
- 7.19 Can I see my recent activity?
- 7.20 Is Chrome History permanently deleted ?
How do I clear my Search History on Google
On Mac and Windows 10
The user interface of your Mac OS and Windows 10 OS comes with different options for viewing browser cache, cookies, your browser history and also sign-in. However, there is no possibility to erase. You will only be able to clear browsing history if you have an Account from Google. The steps to delete searches are similar on both your Mac OS and Windows OS.
- Login using “Google My Account” when you open Chrome or another web browser.
- Once you have logged in, go to the top left-hand upper corner to locate the “Privacy & personalization” drop-down menu.
- You should then click on the label “Manage your data & personalization”.
- When you scroll down, you will get to a box labelled “Activity and timeline”. Click the label “My Activity” or go to myactivity.google.com
- To erase only a part or the entire browsing history, choose the option labelled “Delete activity by” located on the left-hand side of the monitor screen of your Mac or Windows PC.
- You can then choose what you want to get rid of from Chrome activity. Also, you can delete your browsing history from a week, day or hour. You can also customize the time period and delete only specific search information from your chosen period. Simply click the “Delete” button. In addition, you can delete specific web pages or URL’s if you want to.
On your iOS or Android device
- Start by opening a browser which could be Safari or Chrome itself.
- Next, go to the label “My Activity”.
- Then click those three dots (three horizontal dots) to display the “Delete” section.
- You should then select it. However, note that with Android devices like on Windows PC and Mac, you will have to login to your profile.
- Next, choose the “All Time” , make sure to deselect all that you do not want to get rid of before you click on the “Next” button located below and on the left-side.
- A notification prompt will pop up informing you that your entire history will be cleared.
- All you need to do next is to click on the confirm option to continue the deleting process.
Just like on your Mac and Windows you can also delete specified websites and URLs. To do this, visit My activity page search for the URL and when it shows up, click the horizontal dots beside it, then click clear.
how to hide browsing history
To hide your browser history, you can use a private browsing mode or incognito mode, which is available in most web browsers.
This mode allows you to browse the internet without saving any information about the websites you visit or the searches you perform.
To use private browsing mode, you can do the following:
- Open your web browser and look for the option to open a new private or incognito window. This option is usually located in the File menu or under the main menu icon (the three dots or lines in the top-right corner of the browser).
- Once you open a private or incognito window, you can start browsing the internet as you normally would. Any websites you visit or searches you perform will not be saved in your browsing history.
- To exit private or incognito mode, simply close the private or incognito window. This will automatically delete any information about the websites you visited or searches you performed while in private or incognito mode.
Keep in mind that private or incognito mode only hides your browser history from other people who use the same computer or device.
It does not hide your browsing history from your internet service provider (ISP) or from the websites you visit.
Additionally, other people who use the same computer or device can still see your history if they use a different web browser or if they access it through your operating system. To truly protect your privacy, you may need to use additional security measures, such as using a virtual private network (VPN) or encrypting your internet connection.
How to View and Delete my Google History from all my google services
Clear from your phone
To delete your Google search history on a phone, you will need to use the Google app. Follow these steps:
- Open the Google app on your phone and log in to your account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen to open the main menu.
- In the menu, tap “Your data in Search” and then tap “Web & App Activity.”
- On the Web & App Activity page, tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and select “Delete activity by” from the menu.
- Select the time period that you want to delete for, then tap “Delete” to confirm.
This will delete it for the selected time period. Keep in mind that this will only delete your search history, and will not affect any other data that is associated with your Google account.
Now if you use your phone more than a desktop and need to access, check, show, find and erase your history on Android, simply follow these Steps:
- First of all, Open Chrome browser on your Android mobile.
- Then go to the URL of myactivity.google.com.
- Tap on the 3 lines symbol on the top right.
- Then tap Delete Activity by.
- Now, Click on the label All products and select Search.
- Under Delete by Date, tap the down bolt. And select the period you want to erase information from.
- Then, Click on Delete. A cautioning popup will show up. Tap on Ok to erase it in 2 minutes. This action can’t be undone.
See Android File Extension APK
With Settings App
To delete your browsing history on an iPhone, you will need to use the Settings app. Follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap “Safari.”
- In the Safari settings, tap “Clear History and Website Data.”
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm the action. Tap “Clear History and Data” to confirm.
This will delete your searches and all other browsing data, including cookies and cached files. Keep in mind that this will also log you out of any websites that you are currently logged in to.
- Open Safari or preferred internet browser on your device and go
- Tap on the symbol with the 3 horizontals lines and go to ‘Delete Activity by’.
- Tap on the products you want to clear history from and select Search.
- Under Delete by Date, tap the down bolt and select preferred period to erase.
- Hit Delete. A cautioning popup will show up. Tap on Ok to erase it for good.
How do I clear my recent searches on google, Search, Maps and play
- First, go to www.google.com home main website.
- Then Sign-in to your Account (my google account) at the upper right side of your screen to access and check.
- Look at the lower right side of your screen. Click on settings and then click search history (see below) to see all your searches and history of this account.
- Now, you are in the main screen timeline. You can now browse your items individually. You can view and remove one to one your most recent searches sort by time. To clear individual search items, click on the X (see image below).
- If you want to clear all at once, Head towards your Web app Activity segment delete options. See the screen capture below.
- Pick the period that you want to delete all search history from: today, custom range or all time to get rid of all at once.
- You can also enable auto-delete which will remove your activity automatically.
- Finally, Then just click on “Remove” and voila. They are cleared permanently.
How to erase my History on google search
- First of all, Sign-in to access and check your data.
- Then, Head towards your Google App and Web app Activity segment.
- Now, Tap the settings symbol and select “Remove Items”.
- Pick the period of time to delete from. Another you can likewise select, “The beginning of time”. And get rid of your entire activity at once.
- Finally, Then just click on “Remove” and voila.
Google Maps Location history
- Go to the Google maps official site in this URL:
- Select the option Maps Activity on the Left menu.
- Now you can see your MAPS activity and remove all the items you want.
View your Google activity
To delete your browser history:
- Open the browser.
- Click “more” at the top right corner and open my history.
- You can also access it by Ctrl+H.
- Click on select Clear browsing data to erase all browsing data, cookies, personal info and cached images/files.
- Tap history if you are using a mobile device.
You can also select and delete searches by selecting the boxes in front of every individual item.
How to see Google History video
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I check my browser history?
Yes, to check it just visit the history section of the browser you are using.
How do I save and Download history
Finally, you can save and download your search activity from your account . It is simple and the steps are easy. Go here and follow the steps.
How to remove searches bar history suggestions
These suggestions in the bar are the recent search history, all the previous searches of the google bar. They are not only from you. These are recent searches made at the google website by all users. You can remove them individually. On the right side of each item you will find the option remove.
What was my last search?
- Go to www.google.com
- Click on the google search bar.
- You will see all your last and recent searches.
Does Google store my voice and audio searches?
Audio recordings are set to off by default. You can change it in the Include audio recordings option of your data & privacy section.
See also who can see your search history.
- Open Google App.
- Go to manage your account.
- Tap on the data&privacy section.
- You see the option Include audio recordings you can check or uncheck it.
On PC Computer:
- First go to your Google Account.
- Click on the Data & privacy section.
- Now click on Web & App Activity.
- You see the option Include audio recordings you can check or uncheck it.
On Iphone or Ipad
- Go to myaccount .
- Now, tap on Data & privacy.
- Then tap on Web & App Activity.
- You see the option audio recordings you can check or uncheck it.
How to turn off google predictions
To stop, pause or turn off saving searches and predictions do the following:
- Go to myactivity
- Sign in.
- Click on Controls of your web and app.
- Click on Turn Off. You will stop, pause and disable it on sites and apps.
does my searches show on wifi bill?
No, there are not any activities shown on wifi bill. So your parents can’t see your activites through the wifi or phone bill. However, the police can ask your internet provider for your information.
how far back does google search history online go?
It stores your past 90 days but google search store all your data from the beginning of the time.
browsing history shows websites not visited
There are two main possible answers:
- These websites were visited by another person that uses your computer or mobile.
- The pages you visited include other pages you don’t visited but were saved and tracked.
does google track my searches if i’m not signed in
No because all the tracking is done at account level. However, Google can see some information, IP, country, computer or mobile etc
why do my google searches show up on other computers
Because all the activities are tracked at account level. If you have account synchronisation enabled your searches will show up in all the devices you are using. You can turn off sync in your browser in the settings menu.
how do I access google now music search?
You have to check your voice and audio searches here.
How do I Stop google from showing my recent searches?
You can to turn of the saving activity option.
- Go to myactivity.google.com
- Sign in to your account
- Click on Controls of your web and app.
- Click on Turn Off.
What is private browsing?
It is a browser mode also known as incognito mode. This mode doesn’t track your history and searches.
The keyboard shortcut for private browsing mode in Chrome is Ctrl + Shift + n. In firefox is Shift + CTRL + P