Microsoft has always come up with numerous services for internet and computer world. They launched few search engines in past like MSN search, Windows live search and Live search. In June 2009 they launched their most successful web search engine “BING“. I am calling it most successful because in November 2015 it had the query volume of 21% behind Google with 63.8%. It also powers the Yahoo search whose query volume is 12.9%. Bing provides different services including search services, web, images, videos, mapping etc.
Bing provide variety of features to it users, which include media features, interface features, instant answers, local info, translator and integration with Windows 8. You can use Bing search engine as registered and unregistered user. One can easily make a Microsoft account to use Bing as registered user. Number of services are provided to the registered users on Bing including access to the ONE Drive, and Microsoft office.
We always type our searches and forget them, what if we need to access the same pages again? Of course we can bookmark those pages. Search engines make it easier by storing your search history. In case of Bing, search history is stored along with other activities if you’re logged in to your Microsoft account. You can access your activities anywhere by logging in to your Microsoft account.
View and delete search history
To view your Bing images search history you can log in to your Microsoft account first or do it without login.
- Go to the Bing search page and click on the menu icon with three vertical bars (see image).
- Select Search history to view you history page with different control options. Search history can be displayed using type and date filters. You can turn off the history for private searches and later you can turn it on.
- To delete specific searches select X below that search.
- In Change History Settings:
- If you don’t want to see recent searches select on.
- All searches can be cleared by clicking Clear All
- If you want to see and manage all stored searches in cloud click on Manage My Search History
Bing history can also be cleared by typing “how to delete Bing search history” in Bing search bar. This is the easiest way as its displays history controls (Turn on/off, Clear history. See history).
Images is part of the private information of our activity. We can remove it when we do all the steps explained below. If not anyone will be able to track all the images you have searched and downloaded. This is something we don’t want.
Happy searching without spies!